10 Lessons from Learning to Drive on the Farm
2. How to double clutch and pump the brake.
3. That the emergency brake is not enough to keep you out of a ditch if you park on a steep hill.
4. Tractors are really good at pulling your pickup out of the ditch.
5. Keep your eyes and ears open for problems.
6. Flashlights are not the same as headlights
7. You might be bright green, as tall as a 3 story building, and weight 5 tons but cars will still not be able to see you without little flashing lights.
8. After driving 4 mph for 10 hours a day, 35 mph on the way home feels like NASCAR.
9. Always carry a pair of gloves, a knife, some paper towels, and extra oil with you.
10. Be friendly. Wave at the neighbors.